Review: L'Oreal Triple Active Anti-Shine Mattifying Hydrating Moisturizer

Standing in Superdrug, realising that my moisturiser was about to run out, led me to purchase the L'Oreal Triple Active Anti-Shine Mattifying Hydrating Moisturiser (what ever happened to short snappy product names?). I haven't bought a drugstore moisturiser in years and my options weren't great. So in the end I went for this offering from L'Oreal, a product that I'd heard nothing about. 

Designed specifically for oily skin this moisturiser works to hydrate, refine and mattify. Keeping oily skin moisturised yet shine-free is a battle and I liked how they focused on both the hydration and mattifying actions. I find that some products designed for oily skin types tend to focus on the mattifying and shine-free benefits whilst neglecting hydration benefits (maybe because the words hydration and moisture may scare off those with oily skin).


A moisturiser at £6.49 for 50ml seems like such a bargain compared to the price of some moisturisers I've bought in the past. The packaging is very sleek and simple and feels very luxurious for such an inexpensive product.

This moisturiser has a very thick and creamy consistency and isn't as fluid as most other moisturisers I've used. As it is so thick it does take a bit longer to rub it into the skin. Once rubbed in I have noticed that it leaves my skin feeling like I have just applied a primer rather than a moisturiser. My does feel soft and smooth but also a bit chalky/powdery. Obviously this is because it has a matte finish and is said to leave a 'velvety touch'.

I prefer to use this as a day moisturiser rather than at night, simply because I find that the texture works better under makeup. It's also very perfumed which I'm not overly fussed on. It's so heavily scented that the scent lingers for quite a while.

Overall I like this product, I just don't love it and it definitely won't be replacing some of my higher end moisturisers. For an inexpensive moisturiser from the drugstore though, it's not bad, and was a lot better than I expected. If you have oily skin and you're looking for a moisturiser that won't break the bank, I would definitely say give this a go, just give it a while because the texture is definitely something you have to get used to.

Comments

Popular Posts