Primers For Different Budgets

More and more brands are coming out with pore perfecting primers, products that promise a smooth and flawless base, a perfect canvas for your foundation. A few years ago primers weren't all that common, however, nowadays brands at every price range have something to offer. I currently go between 3 different primers, all from different brands and all at different prices.


Maybelline Baby Skin (£7.99)// At the bottom end of the scale we have the most recent launch of the bunch, Baby Skin. This is a silicone based primer that claims to 'erase pores'. I have previously reviewed this product (here), my only issues are that it can be a bit greasy. This is definitely a drugstore dupe for my next offering.

Benefit The Porefessional (£24.50)// This product probably kicked off the whole primer hype and since its launch many drugstores have come out with dupes. I currently only have a sample size of this but I did buy it a few years ago. Back then I wasn't a big fan of it, but since trying it again I am starting to like this. Unlike Baby Skin, which is a clear liquid, the Porefessional is a flesh toned balm that is also silicone based. The formula is a lot less greasy and leaves skin feeling and looking smoother.

Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch (£26.00)// At the top end of the scale is the Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch, this is a skin perfecter that smooths over pores and reduces redness. This is the primer I go to if my skin is particularly bad, it leaves my skin looking smooth and leaves a matte finish. 

I like using all of these primers and find that they work well for my skin. Baby Skin is perfect if you're looking for a relatively cheap primer. I do find that the Porefessional is slightly overpriced and Baby Skin is a pretty good dupe for it. If you are looking for something a bit more luxurious, Clarins is the brand to go for. The Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch is my favourite to use and I find that it is worth the £26 price tag as a little goes a very long way.

Comments

  1. I haven't tried any of these yet but the Clarins one sounds amazing (apart from the price tag). Thanks for sharing :) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts