Battle of the Purple Shampoo's

I have been bleaching my hair for the past 6 years (my poor poor hair!). Blonde hair does need quite a bit of care, especially if you don't want it to look yellow and feel like straw! One product that I have built into my hair routine over the past few years is purple shampoo. I use purple shampoo once a week to prevent my blonde hair from going brassy. As purple is the exact opposite to yellow on the colour wheel is helps to cool and tone down any brassiness in the hair. 

I have been putting 2 different purple shampoos to the test, one drug store - Bleach London Silver Shampoo - and one high end - L'Oreal Professionel Silver Shine Reviving Shampoo.


Name// Bleach London Silver Shampoo
Price// £5.00
Claims// Dismiss brassy tones and eliminate unforgivable yellow.
My thoughts// I've been using this shampoo for the past few weeks and it has definitely dismissed all the brassy tones in my hair. One thing I have noticed is that this leaves my hair feeling a lot drier than it normally is when I use purple shampoo, so Moroccan Oil is a must after using this. 


Name// L'Oreal Professionel Silver Shine Reviving Shampoo
Price// £9.35
Claims// Contains anti-yellowing agents and amino acids to reduce unwanted, strong yellow tones and strengthen the hair.
My Thoughts// have been using this shampoo for around 6 months. Every time I use it, my hair looks blonder and brighter and all brassy tones are dismissed. I find that this one lathers up more than the Bleach London shampoo and it smells amazing.

Out of these 2 purple shampoos my overall favourite is the L'Oreal Professionel Silver Shine Reviving Shampoo. As well as dismissing all brassy tones it helps to keep my hair colour looking brighter for longer. It also doesn't leave my hair feeling as dry and damaged as the Bleach London one.

If you are blonde and are looking for a good purple shampoo I would definitely recommend the L'Oreal Prefessionel shampoo. Despite being almost double the price of the Bleach London shampoo, I find that it works a lot better for my hair and leaves it looking and feeling much better. Using this shampoo once a week is sufficient enough to keep brassy tones at bay.

The Bleach London Silver Shampoo is available from Boots and the L'Oreal Professionel Silver Shine Reviving Shampoo is available from FeelUnique.

Comments

Popular Posts