Current Haircare Favourites

Having blonde hair that is regularly straightened means that I need to take extra care in order to prevent it looking like a frazzled mess. Compared to what it used to be, my hair is in pretty good condition, considering what I put it through. I have quite a few products that I use to help keep my hair healthy, these, along with regular trims help to prevent my hair from getting dry or damaged. I also have some styling products that help to give my hair a bit of life and prevent it from looking dull and flat.

All of these products are current staples in my daily and weekly haircare routines.


Moroccan Oil// This is by far the best product for dry/damaged hair. I use this 2-3 times a week to keep the ends of my hair nourished. I don't use this everyday as my hair is quite fine and I find that this oil is too heavy to use all the time in my hair. There is a lighter version that is for fine hair which I am going to try out once I finish this one.

Coconut Oil// This is one of those wonder products that has multiple different uses, it can be used as a moisturiser, a make-up remover and for cooking. I use it as an overnight hair treatment, before going to bed I apply coconut oil to the ends of my hair. Coconut oil is very beneficial for your hair, especially if it is dry or damaged. Using this as an overnight treatment once a week helps to keep my hair soft, smooth and in good condition.

Charles Worthington Texturising Spray// The Oribe Dry Texturising Spray was never going to be in my price range, so in that case I had to go for a cheaper drugstore dupe. This product gives volume and texture to my otherwise flat hair. It gives my hair that messy but done look (if that makes any sense). It can fall flat during the day, in this case I just give my hair a bit of a ruffle with my fingers to 'zhush' it up again.

It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Product// This product comes along with a pretty hefty list of claims, 10 to be exact. Including detangling, controlling frizz, preventing split ends and being a heat protector. I'm not sure if it ticks all 10 boxes but it is a pretty good detangler and I also use it as a heat protector before drying and straightening my hair. One thing I have found though is that it doesn't last very long, I've been using mine for just over a month and it's pretty much empty.

John Frieda Frizz Ease Touch-Up Creme// I've gone through 5 or 6 tubes of this stuff, I absolutely love it. Once I've finished straightening my hair I run a pea sized amount of this through the ends of my hair, it smooths my hair, camouflages any frizzy ends I may have and leaves my hair looking healthy and shiny. When my hair is looking and feeling drier than normal, especially after just being bleached this helps to make it look like it is in better condition than it actually is. It's one of those products that helps turn a bad hair day into a good hair day.

Have you tried out any of these products? What are your current haircare favourites?

Comments

Popular Posts