Review: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Micellar Water is pretty much a staple product in many skincare collections these days. It all started with the French cult classic Bioderma. And, as with many cult products, it doesn't take long for the drug store to come along with their version. Garnier's take is one of the most recent releases in a long line of drug store dupes, and is actually the only one that I've wanted to try out.


This gentle cleansing water was designed for sensitive skin but is suitable for all skin types. It is a 1 step cleanser that claims to remove make-up, soothe and hydrate the face, eye area and lips without the need for rinsing. The molecules (micelles) in the water are said to act like dirt magnets which lift away all dirt and impurities.

I use this product almost every night as the first step in my cleansing routine. Along with a cotton pad this helps to take off the bulk of my make-up, I do have to use a separate eye make-up remover though as it isn't as effective at taking off stubborn mascara. This is a great alternative to the dreaded face wipe, it's just as quick and easy. After using this cleansing water I then move onto a cleanser as I don't feel that using this on it's own is enough to remove every scrap of make-up. I also use this in the morning and it leaves my face feeling fresh and cleansed without feeling tight. It is also extremely gentle on the skin and isn't scented.   

I find this to be just as effective as Bioderma, and, as it is more readily available over here and significantly cheaper (half the price for almost double the product) this may just replace the French cult product for me.

Garnier Micellar Water is priced at £4.99 for 400ml and is available from Boots and Superdrug.

Comments

Popular Posts